27 October 2008

The scariest part of being a female doctor

Everyone wants to build a happy family,
with bright and adorable kids and a 'till death do us apart' vow.


But doctors are usually too busy with their works.

Sometimes i wonder how female doctors manage to balance their family and work.

Today, as I sat on a bench at the paediatric ward, feeling so tired and exhausted, my friend (he's a guy) invite me to discuss a topic i've been dying to get rid of.


Guy : Did you want to marry an educated guy or not?
Me : Of course, la. I'm a doctor (not yet, actually)...
Guy : If you are a man, it's easy. You can choose whoever you want. I wanna marry a teacher.
Teachers always know how to nurture their kids well.
Me : Male doctors are so lucky. Their 'currency' increases day by day..... Otherwise we female doctors... (sigh)
Guy : I think you should marry a doctor.
Me : Really? You yourself wanna a teacher. Who wants such a busy wife? Don't you wanna go back home with your wife waiting for you with homemade cookings and tidy houses?

Argh!

To talk about something that you'll never know the answer now,

yet other people around you had already made a decision

"YOU SHOULD MARRY A DOCTOR"

That's what my mum said.

well, she's not da only one.

My grandma, aunties, cousins, and now my friend... all had talked about the same thing.

When you reach the age where everyone think that you should settle down and 'make' kids, the bitter reality hurts you like a needle pricked into your bare skin.

P.s.

Man: Did you have some free time this saturday night?

Woman: Are you a doctor?

Man: (Shocked) Well, yeah.

Woman: Ok. What time will you pick me up?

Man: Actually, i'm not a doctor.

Woman: Get lost...

2 comments:

~NaiM~ said...

well said doc~!

ainulrhy said...

tq naim... (smile~)